CALL 911 for FIRE, AMBULANCE or POLICE EMERGENCY
LIBRARY SERVICES ARE OFFERED THROUGH THE RAINY RIVER PUBLIC LIBRARY AS WELL AS THE EMO PUBLIC LIBRARY TO RESIDENTS OF MORLEY, PATTULLO, SIFTON AND DEWART
There is no fee payable for this service but proof of residency or property ownership in these townships are required to be provided to library staff upon applying for a library membership.
The FFPLTC offers both regular library services plus so much more, including online access to books and regular events like movie showings and room rentals. Access FFPLTC’s website.
Waste collection services are not provided by the Township.
- The Morley Waste Management Site is operated as a controlled and supervised site. All users must report to the Operator prior to depositing materials.
- The hours of operation are:
TUESDAY 3:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
THURSDAY 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
During all other times the site is closed.
- Use of the site is restricted to residents of the townships of Morley, Pattullo, Dewart, Sifton, Nelles, Rowe and Sutherland. In order to gain access to the site, residents must present a valid user card. Each eligible household will be issued one (1) user card. Please contact the Municipal Office (483-5455) to obtain a user card or let the Landfill Operator know you need a card.
- The site will include segregation areas for the following materials:
- Waste (Trench)
- Appliances and Metals (Metal area)
- Tires – passenger car, truck and heavy equipment tires (in Container)
- Burn Pile Items: Wood/Cardboard/fence posts/straw/baler twine,etc. (in Burn area).
No one is allowed to start any fires within the burn area, except for the Public Works Superintendent.
– Tires that are mounted on rims/wheels are not accepted. Please remove tires from rims/wheels and make sure they are clean from debris.
– All users will be required to deposit all materials in the appropriate areas. To facilitate this process, please segregate materials when preparing your load.
– If you have items for the burn pile such as newspapers, magazines, boxboard, cardboard, office paper, etc., please tie them in bundles or put them in bags to help prevent them from blowing around and place in burn area.
– Scavenging will not be permitted at the waste management site.
– The disposal of animal carcasses will not be permitted at the waste management site.
- There are tipping fees for the following. The tipping fees will be invoiced to you after the material is delivered to the Waste Management Site.
- Refrigeration units that are not certified freon-free and tagged $50.00
- Tandem Load – each $80.00
- Single Axle Dump Truck Load – each $55.00
- Smaller Dump Body Truck Load – each $30.00
- Site privileges are available to non-taxpayers for a yearly fee of $100.00.
ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE
Local detachments located in Emo, Fort Frances and Rainy River
Fort Frances Detachment office phone (9-5 weekdays): 807-274-3322
24 hour land ambulance service is provided 7 days a week by qualified paramedics through RRDSSAB / Riverside Health Care Facilities, Inc. Call 911 for assistance.
Our Lady of the Way School – JK to Grade 8 – Separate
Students are also bussed to the Rainy River High School and the Fort Frances High School for Grade 9 to Grade 12.
Christian Fellowship Chapel
Our Lady of the Way Catholic Church
-located in Pinewood, ON (approx 11km to the west)
Hospitals and Clinics:
Emo Health Centre (Hospital&Clinic) – approx. 20km to the east
Rainy River Health Centre (Hospital&Clinic) – approx. 20km to the west
Banks & Credit Unions
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
Ph: (807) 482-2770
Northern Lights Credit Union
Ph: (807) 852-3840
Stratton Seniors Friendship Club
President – Gladys Jolicouer
Vice-President – Wilma Martin
Secretary-Treasurer – Sheila McMillen
Phone: (807) 274-8474
Stratton Best Start Hub
Coordinator – Debbie Spence
Phone: (807) 483-5319
Phone for Open Hours
Morley Municipal Housing Corporation has several one bedroom apartments for rent @Morley Meadowside Manor.
A limited number of one bedroom units are now available to non-seniors. Otherwise, the age of eligibiity is sixty years of age.
Apartments are rented to individuals and couples on a rent geared to income and market rent basis.
If interested or require further information, please contact Carol Kuorikoski, Property Manager at (807) 483-5404 or (807)483-5428.